Find a reliable interpreter for your workshop, training, conference event
Tips for finding a conference interpreter
Conference interpreting is a narrow field of specialisation which requires years of study and practice.
Did you know that: Not every translator is a conference interpreter offering simultaneous or consecutive interpreting. It takes a different set of skills than those needed for text translation, audiovisual or sworn translation to be an interpreter.
You need to hire experts in interpreting speech and not experts in translating text for your conference, lecture and workshop!
Are you looking for an expert interpreter? Things to consider:
- the candidate’s experience in conference interpreting
- interpreting studies
- a degree in a particular field (many interpreters also have a degree in economics, technical or political sciences)
- professional credentials
- EU accreditation
- experience in interpreting events on a similar theme
Specialisation and mastering terminology in conference interpreting
Did you know that an experienced conference interpreter can find information and learn specialist terminology at lightning speed? Most interpreters deal with a wide range of subjects: from technology and agriculture to law and economics.
Are you looking for a reputable interpreter instrumental for the success of your event? Trust the members of our Association.
Interpreters — members of PSTK come with:
- technical skills of interpreting confirmed by their peers — professional interpreters
- verified experience — a minimum of 100 days of interpreting at conferences
- recommendations for each language pair they offer
- the highest ethics and confidentiality standards
- experience in a variety of fields and broad general knowledge
Any other assistance you may get from a conference interpreter — PSTK member?
Our members will assist you in organising an optimal solution for interpretation at your event:
- They will advise on the interpretation mode (consecutive, simultaneous, whispered interpretation), which will work the best for your event
- They will assist you in forming a team of experienced interpreters with the right language combination, experience, specialisation and in the spirit of the event
- They will offer a dos & don’ts list for you to achieve the highest quality of interpreting, which will satisfy the most demanding guests and participants.
- They will advise you on the right interpreting equipment for your event